Monday, September 7, 2009

Shuyak Island Volunteer Stint


Just back from a month of volunteering up at Shuyak Island State Park. Observing commercial users in Carry Inlet, opening beaver dams to allow fish to reach lakes, and some cabin maintenance were my primary tasks. I also helped with the Big Creek Weir where I took these underwater photos of pinks and silvers.
The weather was superb and it was another successful season for the staff and volunteers - user use is way down which certainly improves my enjoyment of the park: cabin rentals, charter boats, and private kayak parties are all fewer than recent previous years.






































Very mysterious eggs............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment. Keep in mind that comment moderation is low on my list of things to do.